This easy one-bowl chocolate cupcake recipe makes 15 amazing cupcakes.
- Heat Proof Glass Bowl
- Large Bowl
- Cupcake Pan
- Cupcake Liners
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- .5 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- .5 tsp baking soda
- .5 tsp salt
- .5 cup milk
- .25 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- .5 cup cold coffee
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1.25 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare two muffin tins with 15 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture. Add in the milk, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla and coffee. Whisk all together until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly into the 15 cupcake liners. It will fill just a little over half full. Place the baking pans in the oven, reduce the heat to 325F and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- Place the chocolate chip in a large heat-proof glass bowl and set aside.
- Pour the whipping cream into a small saucepan and place on the stovetop over medium heat. Bring the cream to a gentle simmer.
- Pour the hot cream on top of the chocolate chips and let it steep for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Slowly whisk the cream and melted chocolate together until combined and smooth.
- Place in the fridge for one hour to thicken.
- Beat the chocolate ganache on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Pipe onto the cupcakes as desired.